Monday, November 3, 2008

Diana DeGarmo Woman who stalked American Idol's Diana DeGarmo sent to trial

Diana DeGarmo Woman who stalked American Idol's Diana DeGarmo sent to trial

A WOMAN who allegedly sent obscene e-mails and made phone calls to an American Idol star was today ordered to stand trial.
Tanya Maree Quattrocchi, 22, of Oak Park allegedly sent emails to family, friends and work colleagues of US pop singer Diana DeGarmo, 20.
The Melbourne Magistrates' Court today heard Ms Quattrocchi was obsessed with the Tennessee singer, who performed in Hairspray the musical, and sent fictitious emails about the star's sex live to Ms DeGarmo's friends.
Ms Quattrocchi has pleaded not guilty to four counts of stalking the American star between November last year and January.
Police arrested her in April after they seized her computer and mobile phone.
The victim said in documents tendered to court Ms Quattrocchi had called her almost nightly, had hacked into her MySpace account and sent messages pretending to be her including vulgar emails.
"I have moved twice and she still finds me. I cannot have any private or professional life without her infiltrating it,'' Ms DeGarmo said in a statement.
"No matter what I do I cannot get away from her. She is still to this day stealing my online identity and harassing my friends, family and myself,'' she said.
The court heard Ms Quattrocchi allegedly sent emails stating the singer wanted to have sex with her brother, loved older men and was a lesbian.

No comments: